Welcome back to school Bulldogs! It’s wonderful to see so many smiling faces. This year will be full of fun and instructive programs for our kids and we look forward to working together with teachers, administrators, and parents to make this a fantastic year! You will be receiving more information about volunteering opportunities and our programs at Back-to-School night and over the next week. If you’ve already signed up, keep an eye out for the roll out of Art, Garden and Cornerstone Orientations coming up soon!
Our next Spring event is coming up! Booksin’s night at the San Jose Giants is lots of fun with contests for ticket sales, a Giant’s assembly with a special visitor, and of course game night on April 28th @ 7:o0pm! Buy your tickets in the spirit court or turn in the ORDER FORM into the office or your teacher. Our first contest is over and the winners will receive a special visit from a SJ Giants player tomorrow! But there are still two more CONTESTS to go so buy those tickets soon. We’ll see you at the ballpark!
Join us for this fun community building event – for the grown-ups! The Booksin Bulldog Ball is a great time to meet and mingle with Booksin parents, teachers and staff.
Buy your tickets today http://mybesca.com/bbb/
No babysitter? No Problem! During the Bulldog Ball Y-care will be hosting a kids night out from 7:00 – 10:30 pm.
Enjoy your night out knowing your child is having a blast with the Y-care team! The cost for this event will be $30.00 per child and dinner, crafts, and movie will be provided.
To signup please stop by the Y-care building or contact Toni Brown at Toni.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hello Booksin Families! Please check out these exciting leadership & volunteer opportunities to keep our fantastic Booksin events & activities going! Email your interest to email@example.com
Walkathon is Saturday, October 15, 2016
8:15 am – 4:00 pm
(Registration begins at 8:15 am; walking starts at 9:00 am.)
Important dates to remember:
Incoming TK/Kindergarten Playdate on Saturday, August 13th, 9:00-11:00 am
TK/Kinder Ice Cream Social on Monday, August 15th, 1:30-2:00 pm
Welcome Back Coffee for Returning Parents on Wednesday, August 17th, at 8:30 am
Welcome Coffee for New Parents on Friday, August 19th, at 8:30 am
Quick reminder that the FIRST incoming kindergarten playdate is tomorrow, Saturday, June 18th, from 9-11 am.
Incoming Kindergarten Activities
- Summer Playdates: Join us this summer for a casual and fun way to meet new school friends in your Booksin community. Incoming kinder playdates will be held monthly on June 18, July 23, and August 13, from 9-11am on the kindergarten playground, at the corner of Booksin Avenue and Dry Creek Road. Please note that restroom facilities will not be available during kinder playdates.
- Friday, August 19 at 8:30am: Kinder/New Parent Welcome Coffee – Join us in the Cafeteria to learn more about the exciting programs BESCA offers at Booksin. Learn about Booksin’s biggest and best community fundraising event and how you can get involved in your child’s classroom as an art docent, garden parent, Project Cornerstone reader, Mileage Club helper and more!
- Monday, August 15, 1:30-2:00pm: Kindergarten Ice Cream Social – Join us in Booksin’s Cline Park on the corner of Dry Creek Road and Marques Avenue to enjoy some ice cream, while you meet your teacher and some new friends!
- For more info:
- Join our email group – find Booksin/BESCA in Yahoo Groups or send an email to:
- “Like” the Booksin and BESCA pages on Facebook
Still looking for a camp for your child? How about this?
2016Willow Glen 2016 Summer Volleyball Camp!!
Presented by the Willow Glen High Girls’ Volleyball Team
Camp is open to both boys and girls.
This is an all-skills volleyball camp in which players will be able to develop individual and team skills. The coaching staff (Coach Pham & players from the high school team) will emphasize on passing, setting, hitting, blocking, defense, team play, and of course, having fun!
Where: Willow Glen High School Gym
Session 1: July 18-21 (Ages 7-11)
Session 2: July 25-28 (Ages 12-Incoming 9th graders)
Cost: $175/Camper or $300 for siblings
Contact Coach Thao Pham to register or with any questions:firstname.lastname@example.org
Send checks to:
Willow Glen High School
2001 Cottle Ave,
San Jose, CA 95125
Attn: WGHS Girls’ Volleyball
Hi Booksin Families!
Looking for camp ideas for the summer. Are your kids interested in the performing arts? If so, WGMS is offering two camps – Day Camp for the ARTS (grades 3 – 7) and WG Teen Drama Camp (grades 8 – 12). Book your spot now!
Did you miss the deadline to order your yearbook? You are in luck, the pre-order date has been extended until Tuesday, May 24th midnight!
Here is a link to order direct from the website ($21.00 online):
Also, attached is a copy of the order form that can be submitted to the office ($20.00-cash or check payable to BESCA).